Friday, April 15, 2011

"Gently Broken"

"Gently Broken"

"My beloved, My bride. You are broken. Your efforts to try and keep the old covenant laws only showed you how much you failed and fell short. You have no hope, no rest, and you are dressed in filthy rags.

"In this place of brokenness, I long to reach down and lift up your head. I long for you to look in My eyes instead of attempting to piece together your broken law-keeping. I long for you to lose yourself in My perfection instead of losing yourself trying to become perfect enough for Me to receive you.

"I will receive you just as you are. Lay down your burden. It is a yoke too heavy for you to carry. Come rest in Me, and I will give you rest for your soul, and rest from your fear of sinning and fear of being lost.

"Come to Me and I will give you real rest in Myself."

*****

See also: "Ultimate Rest" (study) and "The Fulfillment of the Law"

No comments:

Post a Comment