Monday, May 23, 2011

"Abide in My Love"

"Abide in My Love"

"My child, you will never be sure of My love for you as long as you are afraid of displeasing Me. Won't you allow My perfect love to cast out your fear of punishment?

"I have loved you first: I gave My Son for you on the Cross. Whether or not you accept Him and return My love to Me, I loved you so much that I gave Him to die for you.

"Begin in My love, being sure that I love you and will not take back the gift I have given. Abide in My love, knowing that I loved you first. Only then will you understand My command to you to love one another as I have loved you.

"If you fear being cast out of My love, and you seek to be accepted by Me through keeping commands, you will remain dry and fruitless because you have not rooted in My unconditional love for you, but are instead seeking to earn My love through your commandment-keeping."

*****

See also: "Identifying the 'True' Church"

No comments:

Post a Comment